Mango Chutney is a sweet, tangy, and spicy condiment that originated in India. It’s made with fresh mangoes, sugar, vinegar and a variety of spices such as ginger, garlic, and chili powder. It’s a versatile condiment that can be used in a variety of ways, such as a dip for appetizers, a spread for sandwiches or as a side dish for curries. The recipe can be adjusted to suit your taste, for example, you can make it sweeter or spicier.
Mango Chutney is easy to make and can be stored in the refrigerator for several weeks, making it a great option for meal prep or as a gift. The chutney can be served with crackers, samosas, or any Indian dish, or even as a topping on a grilled cheese sandwich. The combination of sweet and tangy flavours, with a hint of spice, makes it a perfect addition to any meal. It’s a great way to elevate your dishes and add a touch of exotic flavors. Enjoy!
- 2 Mangoes cut up in pieces
- 1 large chunk Fresh Ginger cut in pieces
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 Green Chilies
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 heaped tbsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Red Chilies o crushed to taste
- 1 Zest Lemon
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Onion
- 4-5 Red Chillies dried
- Put all of the above ingredients except the apple cider vinegar in your instant pot and add 2 tablespoons of water and cook it under high pressure for 14 minutes the do a quick release,
- Add the apple cider vinegar and turn your instant pot on sautee mode till it thickens.
- Taste for salt and sweetness and add accordingly.
- Take a potato masher and mash all the ingredients together, till all the big pieces are mashed up.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.