Chicken curry is a dish that is enjoyed worldwide, with each region having its own unique twist and blend of spices. It typically consists of chicken that is cooked in a sauce made from a blend of spices, such as curry powder or curry paste, and other ingredients like tomatoes, onions, and potatoes. This is just a general idea about the chicken curry recipe, as you can find many variations of the recipe based on the region, ingredients, and personal preferences. Feel free to experiment with different spices and ingredients to create your own unique version of this delicious dish.
- 2 onions sliced
- 1 whole chicken cut in pcs (you may also use boneless chicken breast cut in pieces.)
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- Red chilli powder to taste
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 tablespoon zeera powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tomatoes crushed
- 2 green chilies
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 potatoes peeled and cubed
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the onions and cook till translucent. Now add your chicken and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the ginger, garlic, cumin powder, garam masala and turmeric. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the puréed tomatoes and green chilies and add the potatoes and stir.
- Cover and let it cook till the oil comes to the top.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkle of cinnamon powder (1/2 tsp)
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.