Thai Beef Salad is a refreshing and flavorful dish that is perfect for any occasion. This recipe is inspired by a traditional Thai dish and it’s a great way to enjoy a taste of Thailand in the comfort of your own home. The dish is made with marinated and grilled beef, mixed with a variety of fresh herbs, vegetables and a zesty dressing. The beef is marinated in a mix of fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, and spices, giving it a bold and savoury flavour. The salad is then dressed with a tangy, sweet and spicy dressing made from fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, and chilli peppers. Thai Beef Salad is served cold and is a great way to enjoy a light and refreshing meal. The dish is perfect to be served as a main course or as a side dish. This recipe is perfect for a summer day, a party or any special occasion. With its perfect balance of flavours and textures, Thai Beef Salad is sure to please all palates. Enjoy!
Thai Beef Salad
For the beef marinade:
- 1.5 lbs of steak cut in 1-2 inch squares
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- Chili garlic oil to taste
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp thinly sliced ginger
- 1.5 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
For the salad:
- 1 finely chopped small head of lettuce
- 1 English seedless cucumber finely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 1 Avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup of crushed roasted peanuts
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 green chili chopped
- In a bowl add all the marinade ingredients to your beef and set aside to marinate for at least an hour.
- In the mean time finely chop all the salad ingredients. Wash and either spin fry or pat dry
- To make the dressing, heat all the ingredients in a saucepan and let it come to a rolling boil then lower the heat and simmer for a few minutes. Stir and set aside to cool
- In a cast iron skillet add some butter and oil. About a teaspoon of each. When hot add the beef and cook to your desired doneness.
- Place your chopped lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers in your salad bowl. Pour the cooled dressing on it and toss well.
- Place your beef on the salad and add your sliced avocado and garnish with chopped peanuts and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.