Gulab Jamun Ice Cream is a delicious and unique dessert that combines the traditional Indian sweet Gulab Jamun with creamy and rich ice cream. Gulab Jamun is a popular Indian sweet made from deep-fried dough balls soaked in rose-flavoured syrup. The dough balls are usually made from a mixture of khoya (milk solids), flour, and sugar. These dough balls are then soaked in rose-flavoured syrup to give them a sweet and fragrant taste.
This recipe is a creative twist on the traditional sweet, by incorporating it into ice cream, making it a perfect dessert for any occasion. The ice cream is made by combining the gulab jamuns with cream, milk, and sugar and churning them in an ice cream maker. The result is a creamy, rich, and delicious ice cream with a hint of rose flavour and the soft texture of the gulab jamuns. This recipe is perfect for those who are looking for something different and unique. It’s a great way to elevate your dessert game and impress your guests with an unexpected and delicious treat. Enjoy!
Gulab Jamun Ice Cream
- 1 can Evaporated milk
- 1 can Condensed milk
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 3 slices Whole wheat bread
- 1 tbsp Cardamom seeds crushed
- pinch Saffron
- 2 box #nanak Gulab jamun
- Rose petals crushed pistachios for garnish
- Mix all the ingredients except for the gulab jamun and garnishes in a food processor and purée it.
- Pour it into a Bundt cake pan. Cut up your gulab jamuns in medium sized pieces. Save 6 pieces for garnish. I cut the jamuns in fours.
- Now swirl them in ice cream mixture and freeze.
- To serve flip it on your desired serving dish and garnish with rose petals and whole gulab jamuns.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.