This is my twist to the famous weeping tiger beef. You can make it a complete meal by including the garlic fried rice or you could make it low carb by omitting it. Just don’t omit the sauce. This sauce is a total game changer. I literally can eat this by the spoonful. I’m so in love with the sauce that i always make a double batch and eat it with prawn chips. Please do share your thoughts with me if you do make it. I’d love to hear from you. Share your thoughts and remakes with me on Instagram @sliceofgour
Weeping Tiger Beef Lettuce Wraps
- Marinade for the steak
- 1.5 lbs Steak
- 2 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- Chili oil
- 2 tsp Garlic paste
- 2 tsp Ginger thinly sliced
- 1.5 tablespoon Fish sauce
- 2 tsp Brown sugar
- 2 tsp Rice washed and dried
- 3 tablespoons Tamarind paste
- 2 Limes juice
- 4 tablespoons Fish sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons Pied pepper flakes crushed
- 2 Shallots finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tsp Brown sugar
- Marinate the steaks with al the ingredients for at least an hour
Make the sauce
- Dry roast the rice in a dry pan till it gets fragrant and golden brown.
- Transfer to a blender and blend it onto a fine powder
- Mix all of the rest of the sauce ingredients together and add the rice powder.
- Stir and set aside.
- Grill the steaks in some olive oil until it reaches your desired doneness
- Let it rest for at least 20 minutes then slice into thin slices
- Make 2 cups of rice like you normally do.
- In a sauce pan heat some oil, 2 teaspoons sesame oil and chili oil to taste.
- Add 6-8 cloves of thinly sliced garlic to the pan and sauté till they are light golden brown
- Now add finely chopped onion
- Once the onions are translucent add the rice and 1/2 cup of diced sweet red and yellow peppers.
- Once it’s all mixed well add 2-3 tablespoons of soy sauce, siracha to taste and mix well.
- Now make an omelet of 2 eggs and chop it up.
- Add it to the rice and mix well.
- Make lettuce wraps by adding rice to the lettuce if desired
- Add some steak slices and then the sauce and enjoy
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.