Weeping Tiger Beef Lettuce Wraps is a popular Thai dish that is perfect for a quick and easy dinner or as an appetizer. The dish is made with tender and juicy strips of beef, which are marinated in a flavorful and spicy sauce, and then grilled to perfection. This is my twist on the famous weeping tiger beef. You can make it a complete meal by including the garlic fried rice or you could make it low-carb by omitting it. Just don’t omit the sauce. This sauce is a total game-changer. I literally can eat this by the spoonful. I’m so in love with the sauce that I always make a double batch and eat it with prawn chips. It is perfect for entertaining guests, as it is easy to make in advance and a great way to enjoy a flavorful and satisfying meal. Please do share your thoughts with me if you do make it. I’d love to hear from you. Share your thoughts and remakes with me on Instagram @sliceofgourmet
Weeping Tiger Beef Lettuce Wraps
- Marinade for the steak
- 1.5 lbs Steak
- 2 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- Chili oil
- 2 tsp Garlic paste
- 2 tsp Ginger thinly sliced
- 1.5 tablespoon Fish sauce
- 2 tsp Brown sugar
- 2 tsp Rice washed and dried
- 3 tablespoons Tamarind paste
- 2 Limes juice
- 4 tablespoons Fish sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons Pied pepper flakes crushed
- 2 Shallots finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tsp Brown sugar
- Marinate the steaks with al the ingredients for at least an hour
Make the sauce
- Dry roast the rice in a dry pan till it gets fragrant and golden brown.
- Transfer to a blender and blend it onto a fine powder
- Mix all of the rest of the sauce ingredients together and add the rice powder.
- Stir and set aside.
- Grill the steaks in some olive oil until it reaches your desired doneness
- Let it rest for at least 20 minutes then slice into thin slices
- Make 2 cups of rice like you normally do.
- In a sauce pan heat some oil, 2 teaspoons sesame oil and chili oil to taste.
- Add 6-8 cloves of thinly sliced garlic to the pan and sauté till they are light golden brown
- Now add finely chopped onion
- Once the onions are translucent add the rice and 1/2 cup of diced sweet red and yellow peppers.
- Once it’s all mixed well add 2-3 tablespoons of soy sauce, siracha to taste and mix well.
- Now make an omelet of 2 eggs and chop it up.
- Add it to the rice and mix well.
- Make lettuce wraps by adding rice to the lettuce if desired
- Add some steak slices and then the sauce and enjoy
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.