I was inspired to develop this recipe by my love for the Persian love cake. The recipe for that is on my site too. I thought I’d the Persian love cake is so gosh darn good then let’s make it into a cheesecake. It was so incredibly delicious and it looks so pretty too. It’s easy to put together and is sure to be the star at any party. Pistachio butter is hard to find but it’s very easy to make. Put the desired amount of pistachios into a blender and blend at a high speed stopping every few minutes to scrape the sides and you will have a smooth pistachio butter. If you do make this recipe do share your thoughts with me. I love hearing from you!
Persian Love Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 cup manouri cheese or farmer cheese
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 vanilla bean
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2.5 tsp powdered gelatin
- 1/4 cup pistachio paste (you can add more if you want to enhance the pistachio taste)
- 1 healthy pinch saffron (crush it between your fingers before adding it)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tsp orange blossom water
- Pistachios and strawberries for garnish
- Graham cracker pie base (I usethe store bought one)
- In a food processor combine cheese, yogurt, sugar, vanilla and combine till smooth. Now add the orange blossom water, pistachio paste and cardamom powder.
- Blend till mixed.
- Add the gelatin to boiling water and fold it into the cheese mixture. Pour on top of the crust amd refrigerate for 4-5 hours
- Garnish with rose petals and chopped pistachios and enjoy!