If you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert that’s sure to please even the harshest critics, then look no further. This is it!
I first ate millefeuille in Greece. We waited in line at the this tiny French bakery for over an hour at 7:00 am just to be lucky enough to score a piece of this deliciousness. I was only 12 years old but the taste was so incredibly delicious that I knew that one day I would recreate it. Over the years I’ve made many variations of it but this one is my favorite and it tastes almost similar to that incredible dessert I ate so many years ago. This dessert is my quick and easy millefeuille recipe. The original version is rather labor intensive and time consuming. I make this in a fraction of the time and it’s wildly delicious. If you do try i, do let me know your thoughts. I love hearing from you.
- 1 box of puff pastry
- 1/4 cup sugar for dusting
- 2 cups raspberries washed and fully dried
- 3 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- Raspberry preserves
- Fully thaw out your puff pastry and cut 1 sheet into 3 equal strips.
- Dust with sugar
- Roll it out slightly but still keep it in a rectangle shape and don’t make it too thin.
- Bake at 375 till golden brown
- Let it cool completely
- In a stand mixer whip your heavy cream with 1 cup of sugar till stiff. It needs to be really stiff and not at all runny.
- In a cup add 1/2 cup raspberry preserve and 2-3 tbs water and thin it out.
- Now take a layer of your cooled pastry and spread the thinned out preserve on it.
- Add your heave cream and top with raspberries
- Add another layer of pastry and again spread the preserve and pipe cream and top with raspberries and again top with another layer of pastry and continue till you are done. Drizzle raspberry preserve on the top and refrigerate till chilled and enjoy!