Sticky Toffee Date Bar is a delicious and indulgent dessert that is perfect for any occasion. These bars are made with a base of soft and chewy dates and are topped with a sticky toffee sauce and a sprinkle of chopped nuts. They are then baked to perfection, creating a warm and comforting treat that is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth cravings. Sticky Toffee Date Bar is easy to follow and can be made with simple ingredients that are readily available at most supermarkets. They are perfect for parties, events, or as a special treat for any occasion. The combination of the sweet dates and sticky toffee sauce creates a balance of flavours that will leave you wanting more.
Sticky Toffee Date Bars
- 2 cups of pitted mejdool dates
- 1tsp baking soda
- Boiling water (only enough to just cover the dates) I used almost a cup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- For the toffee
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Flaky sea salt
- Place your pitted dates in a bowl and sprinkle with the baking soda. Cover with boiling water and set aside.
- Beat the butter and white sugar till pale and then add 1 egg at a time. Scrape the sides and mix till incorporated. Now add the date mixture along with the water it’s soaking in and heat it in. Once it’s mixed well, add the flour a little at a time.
- Place in a prepared baking pan and bake at 350 till done. Make sure you preheat the oven.
- While that’s baking, heat the butter and brown sugar. Stir constantly. When it reaches a boil keep stirring for a few minutes and add the cream. Stir constantly till it’s well incorporated. Pour over your cooled and cut date bars and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Enjoy and don’t forget to rate this recipe ❤️
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.