Chili Garlic Honey Chicken is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for any occasion. This recipe is a perfect balance of sweet, savoury, and spicy flavours that will tantalize your taste buds. Chili Garlic Honey Chicken can be served with rice or noodles and it’s a great way to enjoy the flavours of Asian cuisine in the comfort of your own home. The recipe can be adjusted to your taste, for example, you can make it spicier or milder. Chili Garlic Honey Chicken is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy the flavours of Asian cuisine in the comfort of your own home. Enjoy!
Chili Garlic Honey Chicken
- 1 ½ lbs lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into1” chunks)
- For the Batter
- 4 tbsp Cornstarch For Batter
- ¼ cup flour For Batter
- 1 tbsp Baking powder For Batter
- ½ cup Water For Batter
- ½ tbsp Salt For Batter
- 1 Egg For Batter
- 1 Egg white For Batter
- For the Sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp Oil For Sauce
- 2 tbsp Ginger Minced For Sauce
- 3 tbsp Garlic Minced For Sauce
- 1 tbsp Salt For Sauce
- 3 tbsp Chili garlic honey For Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar For Sauce
- ½ cup Water For Sauce
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch (mixed with 4 teaspoon water) For Sauce
- Sesame seeds (for garnish) Garnish
- In a large bowl mix all batter ingredients together until smooth. Cover and allow the batter to site for at least 30 minutes
- Add the chicken to the batter tossing to coat.
- Heat oil
- Fry chicken bits in small batches for 2 minutes or until batter becomes firm. Drain on paper towels
For the Sauce:
- To make the sauce. Heat 1 ½ tablespoons of oil in your wok. Add garlic and ginger and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add salt, honey, vinegar, and water. Mix well. Combine 4 teaspoons of water with 1 teaspoon of cornstarch. Add to the sauce and Simmer
- Coat chicken with the sauce and garnish with sesame seeds. Serve with white rice or Jasmine rice.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.