Chicken Seekh Kababs are a delicious and popular dish from India, typically made by marinating ground chicken in a mixture of spices and herbs before shaping it onto skewers and grilling or broiling it. The dish is often served as an appetizer or as part of a larger meal and can be enjoyed on its own or paired with rice or naan bread. This recipe will guide you through the process of making flavorful and juicy Chicken Seekh Kababs at home.
Chicken Seekh Kababs
- 2 lbs Ground Chicken
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Graham Flour (besan)
- 2 pieces Green Chilies finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch Finely chopped Cilantro
- 1 piece Onion finely chopped
- salt pinch salt to taste
- 1.5 tbsp Garam masala
- 1.5 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1.5 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 tbsp Crushed Ginger
- Mix well and form into kababs
- Broil till the kababs become a nice color then flip them and broil again for a few minutes.
- Put the kababs in a pan with a lid. Heat a small price of coal on the fire for about 8 minutes. Then In a small tiny container put a little oil and using tongs put the coal into the oil and cover the container and let it be for 15 minutes.
- Discard the coal and oil and serve hot with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.