Masala Mac ‘n Cheese
- 1 box Pasta shells
- 2 tsp Red chili powder Kashmiri
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Ginger paste
- 4-6 cloves Garlic crushed
- 3 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds crushed
- 1 tsp Mustard oil
- 1 tsp Dry mustard
- 1 cup Milk
- 16 oz Cheese shredded
- 4 oz Velveeta cheese block
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Jalapeno chopped
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 1 tsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1/2 cup Flour
- Boil pasta according to package instructions and set aside.
- In a separate pan heat the butter and olive oil add onions, ginger, garlic and jalapeño and cook till translucent and fragrant.
- Now add all the spices and lemon juice and cook it till oil comes to the top.
- Now add 1/2 cup flour and cook it till fragrant.
- Add milk and cook till thick.
- Now add the cheeses and let it thicken.
- Add in the pasta and let it cook till all the pasta is well coated.
- Top with Panko if a crunchy topping is desired and set under the broiler for a minute or till crunchy on top.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.