Rosemary chicken is a classic dish that is both delicious and easy to prepare. The combination of tender, juicy chicken and the fragrant aroma of rosemary creates a meal that is sure to please any palate.
The key to this dish is to use fresh rosemary, as it will give the dish a more robust flavour than dried rosemary. Rosemary is an evergreen perennial herb that belongs to the mint family. The fragrant leaves are used to flavour various dishes, particularly meat dishes, and also used to make rosemary oil, which has many health benefits.
This dish is perfect for a family dinner, a dinner party or as a meal prep option. It can be paired with a variety of sides such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a simple salad. With its delicious flavour and ease of preparation, rosemary chicken is a dish that will quickly become a staple in your kitchen.
- 1 4-6 Chicken breasts marinated in a little EVOO
- 2 tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 1-2 tbsp Rosemary chopped up
- 3 Lemons juice
- 8-10 pods Garlic smashed
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 packet Mushrooms sliced(optional)
- 1 red Onion sliced(optional)
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Combine the mustard, rosemary, lemon juice, garlic and red pepper. Marinade the chicken for a few hours.
- Heat grill pan with EVOO and butter and grill chicken till cooked through remove from pan and set on serving dish. This served on a bed of salad or orzo would be great and it would be your 5 ingredient meal but I love mushrooms and I have them on hand I will add them.
- Optional mushrooms…In the same pan throw in 1 packet of mushrooms washed and sliced and I red onion finely sliced and let it absorb the flavors of your pan add a tsp of balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- When cooked through top your chicken with it and garnish with some rosemary sprigs. You can serve it by itself, on top of orzo or rice or on a crisp bed of salad.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.