Aaloo Kheema Patties, also known as Aloo Keema Tikki, is a popular Indian street food made from a combination of potatoes and minced meat. The patty mixture is made by mixing together boiled potatoes, minced meat (usually beef or lamb), spices and herbs, and then shaped into small patties. These patties are then shallow fried until crispy and golden brown. Aaloo Kheema Patties are often served as a snack or as a side dish and can be enjoyed on their own or in a sandwich. Aaloo Kheema Patties is easy to make, delicious and perfect for a quick and satisfying meal.
Aaloo Kheema Patties (meat & Potato croquette)
- 4 large Potatoes
- 1 Ib Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 3/4 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Ginger Paste
- 2 tbsp Garlic Paste
- 1 Jalapeño finely chopped
- 1 large Onion finely chopped
- 1 bunch Fresh Coriander finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Flakes
- Bread crumbs
- 3 Eggs beaten
- Boil potatoes in salted water till done
- Skin it and mash add salt red chili flakes and oil
- Boil ground beef with salt, ginger, garlic, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala and turmeric.
- Boil this till the water dries up.
- Once the beef has cooled add your finely chopped onions, coriander and jalapeño and mix well
- Now make a round patty with the potato mix and make a well in the middle
- Add the ground beef to the middle and cover it up with potato.
- This way the ground beef is in the center and covered with potato.
- Dip it in breadcrumbs and then egg and again in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in your frying pan and shallow fry till golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup or chili sauce.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.