A charcuterie board is a selection of cured meats, cheeses, crackers, and other accompaniments typically served as an appetizer or snack. The exact selection of items can vary depending on personal preference and what is available. To assemble a charcuterie board, simply arrange the ingredients on a platter or wooden board and serve with a knife for slicing and spreading. Enjoy!
Charcuterie, Cheese Platter or Cheese Boards
- A good cheeseboard that’s beautifully decorated can easily be the star of your party. It’s simple to do and it makes for a wonderful wow factor. I love setting up my cheese board with interesting seasonal additions. I like doing a hard cheese, a soft sweet cheese, a savory cheese & a creamy cheese like a Burata. I always like to add a pepper jam, fruit, nuts, olives, some sort of pate or tapenade and either honey or a fruit preserve. Small slices of bread, hard mini toasts and crackers make a great addition. Put out mason jars and put fresh basil stalks and rosemary stalks in them. It adds a great visual appeal and it makes a fabulous accompaniment to the cheeses. Cheese tastes best at room temperature, so take it out an hour before your guests arrive.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.