For every feast, there has to be a showstopper dessert, and here we have the stunning Rasmalai Cupcake. Who does not like a cupcake, be it any flavour we surely have tried all fruit flavour cupcakes, and chocolate cupcakes, but this time there is a slight twist to my recipe. Rasmalai itself is a wonderful dessert, fusion of luscious and velvety Rasmalai frosting and spongy cupcake is of course a hit! I hope you and your family shall love and enjoy it as much as we have.
Rasmalai Cake or Cupcakes
Cupcakes or Cake:
- 1 and 1/3 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/4 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 cup Sugar granulated
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Cardamom Powder
- Pinch of saffron
- 1/2 cup Full Fat Sour Cream (120 grams)
- 3 fl oz Pasteurized liquid egg whites (little less than 1/2 cup)
- 12 oz Sugar powdered(3 cups)
- 1/4 tbsp Salt
- 12 oz unsalted Butter (1 1/2cups) , at room temperature
- 2 tbsp Cardamom Powder
- Healthy pinch of saffron
- Couple of splashes of rose essence
Cupcakes or Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners. I make 12-14 cupcakes with this recipe In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In your mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla. Add in the sour cream and mix until fully combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined, making sure not to over mix the batter. Scoop the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them a little over half way full or por batter in 2 small greased round cake pans. Bake till a toothpick inserted comes out clean Transfer to another plate and let it cool completely before frosting You will need 1 box of Nanak rasmalai Garnish (optional):Silver warak Crushed Pistachios Slivered almonds
- Combine the whites, powdered sugar, and salt in the bowl of a large stand mixer. Mix well. Turn off the mixer, scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula, then turn the mixer to medium speed. Beat on medium for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, turn the mixer to medium-low and start adding the softened room temperature butter, 1-2 tablespoons at a time. Once all of the butter is incorporated, add the cardamom powder, rose water and saffron and mix it in. After a min or so scrape down sides once more. Turn the speed to medium and beat the buttercream for 10 minutes. At the end, you’ll have a frosting with a wonderfully light and creamy texture. Set your cupcakes on a flat surface and scoop out the inside a little, about the size of a quarter. Now cut a rasmalai in half and stuff it and put 2 tsp of the rasmalai milk on it cover it with the part of the cupcake you scooped out. Now put your icing in a bag and cover your cupcake ( I use a large wide star tip ) now put the other 1/2 of the rasmalai on the top securing it in the frosting top with above garnishes as desired.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.