I recently went to our favourite breakfast place to eat and they had Mexishuka on the menu. It was absolutely amazing and it got me thinking about how nice it would be to have a ” Desishuka ” The wheels in my head started turning and my inner foodie developed the Desishuka. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1 can Tomatoes crushed or chopped
- 1 tablespoon Mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons Avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons Red chili powder
- 4 Curry leaves
- 1 Lemon juice
- 1 Garam masla pinch
- 4-5 cloves Garlic crushed
- In a saucepan heat the oil.
- When hot add the curry leaves and mustard seeds.
- When they cackle add the garlic and let it cook down for a few minutes.
- Then add the other spices and the can of tomatoes.
- Lower your flame and add the lemon juice and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add your tomato mixture to a skillet and make space for the eggs.
- Crack your eggs into the spaces you created.
- Bake it in the oven at 375 till the eggs cook.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with papar or papadums and naan.
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.