I absolutely love shrimp in every which way but I do have to say this way is one of my favorites. This Chile Lime shrimp over Mexican inspired salad is so incredibly flavorful, low fat and low carb that it makes eating healthy a snap. I love how versatile this recipe is. You can substitute the shrimp for chicken or steak or make it vegetarian and add black beans. This dish is so incredibly simple to make yet it looks like you’ve spent hours putting it together. I hope you love it as much as I do.
Chile Lime Shrimp Over Mexican Inspired Salad
- 3 Avocados cubed
- 2 mini Cucumbers cut into small pieces
- 1 Romaine Lettuce finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeño finely chopped
- 1 Red Onion finely sliced
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- 3/4 cup Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 cup Corn frozen (I like the frozen roasted ones from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 cup Peppers and Onions frozen(I like the grilled frozen ones from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1 whole Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Chile Lime Seasoning
- 3 cloves Garlic thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Cheese shredded
- 20 wild Shrimp deveined and cleaned
- Marinate the shrimp in the taco seasoning and sliced garlic and set aside. Melt the butter in a skillet and add the shrimp and the sliced garlic. Be careful not to overcook it. The shrimp is ready when it’s pink. In the meantime chop all the veggies and toss them in a bowl. Add the corn. Give your salad a good toss. In the same skillet you used to cook your shrimp add 1 cup of the roasted peppers and let the flavors marry. Add lime juice, Chile lime seasoning and 1 tablespoon olive oil and mix well. Add this to the salad and give it a good toss. Now sprinkle your cheese and add your shrimp.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.