Gourmet Cornmeal Flatbread is a delicious and elegant take on traditional flatbreads. It is made with a combination of cornmeal and all-purpose flour, which gives it a unique texture and a slightly nutty flavour. It is perfect for serving with a variety of dips, and spreads, or even as a base for a pizza. It can also be enjoyed as a side dish with a bowl of soup or a salad. Gourmet Cornmeal Flatbread is perfect for a dinner party or a special occasion and it is sure to impress your guests.
Gourmet Cornmeal Flatbread
- Pizza Crust
- 1 pkg Dry Active Yeast
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup Water warm
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 2-3 tbsp EVOO
- 1 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Corn Meal
- Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup water and sugar. Let it sit for 10 min till frothy on the top In your kitchen aid add all the other ingredients and when the yeast is ready add that and use your dough hook to mix your dough. Cover the dough and let it rise for about 45 min to an hour till it’s about doubled. Then punch it down and form a ball and leave it for another 45 min. Then sprinkle corn meal on a clean surface and form your pizza crust. I like mine in an oval flat bread kind of shape. Oil your baking sheet put your crust on top. Bake till ready You are now ready to construct your pizza. Start by spreading the desired amount of sauce on your baked crust. I love adding all kinds of cheeses but this time I used burrata cheese. Sprinkle chopped fresh parsley, roasted garlic pieces, spicy pepper spread (Trader Joe’s) . Bake till the cheese melts drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.