Potato Leek Soup
- 1 box Mirepoix from #traderjoes from #traderjoes
- 1 package Leeks trimmed #traderjoes
- 4-6 Cloves crushed
- 6-8 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 box veggie Broth organic low sodium #traderjoes
- 2 tbsp Umami Powder #traderjpes #traderjpes
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 4 tbsp taste Fresh Dill finely finely chopped to taste
- 1 cup Non Fat Half and Half
- 1/3 stick Butter
- 1 tbsp Red Pepper crushed to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter in your cooking vessel. Add your leeks. Cook till soft. Add your mirepoix and cook another 10 minutes or so till they are all soft and fragrant. Add the garlic and potatoes. Cook 5 minutes. Add your salt, pepper, umami powder, bay leaf and crushed red pepper. Add your stock. Cover and cook till potatoes are tender. Once the potatoes are soft use an immersion blender to purée it. Turn off the stove and add your half and half and dill. Stir well. Cover and let it rest for at least 20 minutes. Serve hot with shredded cheese and or sour cream if you’d like.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.