Pastina is the ultimate comfort food. It’s creamy, cheesy and buttery. I love that you can make so many variations of this. You can add chicken or tiny chopped veggies, ground beef or any other add-in of your choice. I give this to my girls in their lunch boxes and it’s always a massive hit! Do let me know your thoughts if you try it. I love hearing from you.
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup pastina
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp umami powder (I get mine from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 cooked chicken breast shredded
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- Heat your butter in a pan and sauté the crushed garlic and onion till fragrant.
- Add your umami powder and salt and pepper
- Now pour in your chicken broth and let it come to a boil.
- Once it comes to a rolling boil add your pastina
- Let that cook till the liquid has been absorbed and the pasta is done.
- Pour in the milk and cheese fold it into the pastina
- Stir in the chicken
- Take it off the heat and let the flavors absorb for about 15 minutes