Kadhi Pakora is a popular dish in Indian and Pakistani cuisine. Kadhi Pakora is made with a yogurt-based sauce called kadhi and fried fritters made from gram flour (chickpea flour) called pakoras. The kadhi is made by whisking together yogurt, gram flour, and water, and then simmering it with spices such as cumin, turmeric, and ginger. The pakoras are made by mixing gram flour with spices, water, and vegetables such as onions or spinach, and then deep-frying the mixture in oil. The Kadhi Pakora are usually served immediately with coriander leaves garnishing.
Ingredients for kadhi:
- 1/2 cup gram flour (chick pea flour)
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1.5 tbsp cumin seed
- 6-8 cloves of garlic
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- Red chili powder to taste
- 2 curry leaves
- 2-3 cups of water
- Blend all this together till smooth
Ingredients for pakora
- 1/2 cup gram flour
- 1/4 cup water (add more if too thick)
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- Mix into a batter.
- Drop 1 tsp at a time into hot oil on medium heat. Cook till golden brown.
- Place on paper towels to cool
- Run each pakora quickly under cold water and squeeze it out gently. Set aside
- In a pan heat, your desired anoint of oil. I used 1/4 cup
- When hot add the yogurt mixture and cook on medium heat. Stirring every few minutes for about 35-40 min. If the mixture thickens too much add a little water.
- After about 35-40 minutes it should be ready. Lower your heat to lowand drop in the pakoras. Let it soak up the kadhi.
For the tarka:
- 2 cloves of garlic finely sliced1 tsp cumin seed3-4 curry leaves2-3 ball dried red chilies1/4 cup oil In a pan heat the oil and add everything but the garlic. Once fragrant, add the garlic and cook till medium brown. Now pour on the kadhi gently stir. Be careful not to break the pakoras.Enjoy
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.