Lebanese Chicken & Rice is a traditional and flavorful dish that is perfect for any occasion. This recipe features tender and juicy chicken simmered in a flavorful broth of Lebanese spices such as cinnamon, allspice, and turmeric, and served over a bed of fluffy and fragrant rice. It’s a perfect dish for a family dinner, a special occasion or a traditional Lebanese meal. Lebanese Chicken & Rice is sure to impress your guests with its bold and delicious flavours.
Lebanese Chicken & Rice
- 10 Chicken drumsticks with skin on
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Lime powder
- 1 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 6 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 Lemon juice
- 1 Onion sliced
- 2 cups Basmati rice washed
- 1 cup Vermicelli
- 2 tsp Butter or Olive oil
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 1.5 cups Water
- 3 Potatoes cut in small pieces
Method for the chicken:
- Melt butter and add all the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix to make a paste.
- Rub all over the chicken and potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 375 till almost done.
- Take off the foil for the last 15 min to brown it nicely
Method for the rice:
- Heat butter or oil on sauté mode in the instant pot.
- Add vermicelli and sauté till toasted add rice and salt.
- Sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Now add your chicken broth and water and stir.
- Cancel sauté mode and close the lid and press rice.
- Once ready do quick release and fluff.
- Serve with chicken and potatoes.
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.