I have an immense love for middle eastern food. Maybe that came from the years we spent in Dubai while I was growing up or maybe its just because it’s so flavorful and delicious. Who knows? This is my favorite Lebanese dish. It gets devoured every single time that I make it. The fact that it’s so easy to make makes it an added bonus. Truly a win-win situation
Lebanese Chicken & Rice
- 10 Chicken drumsticks with skin on
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Lime powder
- 1 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 6 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 Lemon juice
- 1 Onion sliced
- 2 cups Basmati rice washed
- 1 cup Vermicelli
- 2 tsp Butter or Olive oil
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 1.5 cups Water
- 3 Potatoes cut in small pieces
Method for the chicken:
- Melt butter and add all the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix to make a paste.
- Rub all over the chicken and potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 375 till almost done.
- Take off the foil for the last 15 min to brown it nicely
Method for the rice:
- Heat butter or oil on sauté mode in the instant pot.
- Add vermicelli and sauté till toasted add rice and salt.
- Sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Now add your chicken broth and water and stir.
- Cancel sauté mode and close the lid and press rice.
- Once ready do quick release and fluff.
- Serve with chicken and potatoes.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.