Chipotle Chicken and Rice Bowls are a delicious and easy-to-make meal that is perfect for any day of the week. This recipe features tender and flavorful chicken cooked in a smoky and spicy chipotle sauce, served over a bed of fluffy and fragrant rice. The dish is also topped with fresh and colourful toppings such as Chile lime, guacamole, and cilantro. Chipotle Chicken and Rice Bowls are a perfect way to enjoy a restaurant-style meal at home and can be customized to suit your taste preferences. It is easy to follow and can be made with simple ingredients that are readily available at most supermarkets. This dish is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or a hearty and satisfying lunch.
Chipotle Chicken and Rice Bowls
- 2 lbs boneless chicken cut into small pieces
For the chicken:
- 3/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp coriander
- 2 tbsp garlic crushed
- 1 can chipotle peppers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 unit lime Juice of 2 limes
Not for the marinade:
- 1 unit onion chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 unit corn Roasted
- Chile lime seasoning from Trader Joe’s
- Blend all the marinade ingredients and marinate your chicken with it and set aside for an hour or so
- In a pan heat a little oil and add the chopped onion and garlic and cook till fragrant
- Now add the chicken and stir well. Let tat cook on medium flame till done.
- Set aside
For the rice:
- Make 3 cups of rice as per package instructions
- As soon as it’s done, fluff it and add the juice of 2 limes and 1 cup of very finely chopped cilantro and salt to taste.
- Gently mix well and voila you have cilantro lime rice
- Season your corn with Chile lime seasoning
- Place desired amount of rice in a bowl making a well in the middle.
- Place some chicken in the well
- You can add the guacamole or sliced avocado on the side and add corn on the other side
- Garnish with shredded cheese and Chile lime seasoning and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to see it! Nothing brings us more joy than seeing home cooks recreate our recipes in their own kitchens. If you’ve made this recipe and you’re proud of it, we want to see it! Here’s how you can share your creation with us:
- Take a picture making sure to get all the details and colours.
- Head to Instagram and post the photo, making sure to tag us at @sliceofgourmet and use the hashtag #sliceofgourmet.
- In the caption, tell us about your experience making the recipe. Did you make any modifications? Did it turn out the way you expected? What did your family and friends think of it?
- Don’t forget to share your post in the comments below so we can see it too!
- We love seeing all the different variations of our recipes, so don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own. We can’t wait to see your version and hear about your experience making it.
- And not just that, if you have any suggestions or feedback on how we can improve the recipe, please do let us know.
Cooking is a skill that can be learned and perfected with time. Before you plan your very next meal, take a look at the recipes shared in this food blog which includes various categories. From the main course to side dishes to specialized diets as well as dessert, brunch etc – You shall find lots of recipes across various categories. You may start with something simple and then step up. You may wind up discovering for all intents and purposes that you’re really ready to cook amazing dishes that you never thought you would be able to handle.
Sharing your creations with us is also a great way for other home cooks to discover new recipes and get inspiration for their own kitchens. So don’t be shy, post your recipe picture and let us see the deliciousness you’ve created! Your appreciation, photos and tags inspire me to create more recipes for you all.