Walnut Chicken over Scallion Rice
- 3 lbs Chicken breast cut into small pieces
- 1 bunch Scallions sliced lengthwise
- 3-4 Green bell peppers
- 3-4 Red bell peppers
- 2 Carrots julienned
- 1 Onion cut in pieces
- 4 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Chili oil
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- 6-8 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 piece Ginger crushed
- 2 tsp Chili garlic sauce
- 2 tsp Hoisin sauce
- 3 tsp Rice vinegar
- 2 tsp Honey
- 3-4 tablespoons Grape seed oil
- Sesame seeds
- 1 cup Walnuts
For the batter:
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Corn starch
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 whole Egg
- 1 Egg white
- Marinate chicken with 1 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp ginger paste and 1 tsp garlic paste.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Make batter.
- To make the batter you put all the batter ingredients in either a nutri bullet or a blender and blend.
- Dip your chicken in the batter and fry.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Now take 1 tsp of grape seed oil in a frying pan and sauté your walnuts till toasted.
- Set aside
- Now in a wok add grape seed oil.
- When hot add onions, bell peppers, scallions, carrots and garlic. Sauté.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients excluding the chicken and walnuts.
- When the veggies are all coated nicely add the chicken and walnuts.
- Toss to make sure everything is covered in the sauce you made.
- Garnish with sesame seeds
- Make the amount of rice you desire like you normally do.
- When it’s done cut up 2 scallions and fold it in the rice.
Did you make this recipe?
Take a picture and please tag me at #sliceofgourmet. Your appreciation and pictures and tags inspires me to create more recipes for you all.